From time to time I contribute opinions to the media, give presentations at conferences, or write for various publications. Here are links to presentations and articles I’ve contributed to. Contact me if you are interested in having me speak.
- Vancouver Island Communications Workshop; presented a more advanced version of “Best Practices in Managing Geospatial Data for SAR Teams” with specific references to British Columbia, February 9th, 2013.
- Presented “How to kill yourself snowshoeing” to the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG), continuing professional development (CPD) session April 6th, 2013
- Best Practices in Managing Geospatial Data for SAR Teams, presented at SARScene 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, November 18th, 2012
- Search and Rescue in B.C. plus an Interview with Michael Coyle, interview, appeared in OutdoorVancouver.ca, January 4th 2012
- Are emotion and politics undermining rescue workers in Elliot Lake? by Douglas Quan, PostMedia news, June 27th 2012
(in print, Calgary Herald, Montreal Gazette, Ottawa Citizen, online and in other PostMedia paper publications)
- Ontario’s emergency response protocols under review following Elliot Lake disaster by Adam Radwanski and Anna Mehler Paperny, The Globe and Mail, June 27th 2012
- Missing Woman found safe and sound after three day search by Jeremy Deutsch, Coquitlam Now, August 5th 2012
- Woman missing from Port Moody’s Sasamat Lake found alive and well, Christopher Reynolds, Vancouver Sun, August 6th, 2012
many other media outlets interviewed be on TV, radio and in print for this search
- Crowdsourced Search and Rescue: A case study and analysis of a recent search in Southwestern British Columbia, presented at SARScene 2011 in Winnipeg Manitoba, October 30th 2011